Belt Inspired Zentangle
I love watching fashion videos on Youtube like Abby Cox and Karolina Zebrowska. I’m a sucker for fashion so I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner. Let’s use belts as zentangle borders. For this project I made a shapely dress form type image and loaded it with examples of belts used as patterns.
Little by little…
I filled in the form. The bust took forever. I drew the outline in pencil because I knew I would need to use an eraser for parts of the belts. I did not ink anything until i had the placement of the belt arranged on the form. Then I inked in both the body form and the belts as I went.
If I did this again…
I’d like to see how this could be used in a more standard and universal Zentangle drawing. I might try to do more clothing and fashion inspired zentangles. This took a really long time but, I think it will be fun to draw dresses that are neck to foot with swirly patterns.
- A body form filled with astrological symbols.
- A hand in a lace glove zentangle
- A body form filled with patterns or meshwork.
- A geometric shape or oval covered with belts and straps.
- A series of human forms in motion wearing full length suits each with a singular pattern.
- Lips, lips and more lips